We're only in the second day of NaNoWriMo and already that word count should be as close to 3,334 as possible! And to think, it all starts with that first line...
Speaking of first lines. You know, the one that's supposed to automatically grab the reader. Make them say, "That's weird/cool/sweet/different! Let's read more." I'm sure you've all got at least that first line down in your documents or notepads, the beginning of something fresh and beautiful. Well here's your chance to make something of it! WriMos FTW is having a contest to submit your first line of your NaNo novel to be entered to win a prize! Here's the details:
Name: most gripping first sentence
1. Start Nov. 2 at 3:30 pm (EST)
2. Enter your sentence before Nov 5, 3:30 pm (EST)
3. Judges picks top 10 entries until Nov. 9, 3:30 pm (EST)
4. Poll goes up Nov. 9 and closes on Nov. 11 (EST)
5. Announcing winners: Nov. 12, 3:30 pm (EST)
The 3 Prizes are as follows:
1. Rochelle Melander (@WriteNowCoach) is giving the first place winner a print copy of her book Write-A-Thon, which is a great tool for jump-starting your writing career and writing your book for less than 30 days. I'd say it's a perfect fit for NaNo!
2. Roxanne Piskel (@roxisbrilliant) will give a complete critique of the second place winner's NaNo manuscript. In addition Roxanne is giving 20% discount to all entrants.